Sunday, January 9, 2011

INTRODUCTION

1. Please introduce yourself.

I am a normal woman, with the name Zafirah Hanis Bt Abdul Razak.
I am from Kedah, and started my education in Stonebow Primary school, Loughborough, England.
I continued primary school in Sek Keb Sultan Ahmad Tajuddin, Jitra, Kedah after spending about 4 years in England. Alhamdulillah, I received 5 As in my UPSR and I was qualified to enter SMK Sultanah Asma, Alor Star, Kedah. I entered UiTM with a passion in teaching and therefore TESL was my first choice. My passion in teaching was encouraged by my father. His career as a lecturer has always inspired me to become one like him. My practicum session last semester went really well. I enjoyed teaching the girls in SMK Sri Aman, Petaling Jaya. At first, it was quite a struggle for me but I survived. Insyallah, one day I will become a lecturer in one of the universities in Malaysia.

2. How would you rate yourself in terms of your computer skills and why? (e.g. expert, novice, savvy, geek, illiterate etc)

I would rate myself as a novice user in terms of handling the computer. Normally, i will only use the computer to complete assignments by using microsoft office  such as words and powerpoint. However I have to admit I am still struggling in using  microsoft excel. Other than that, I am aware of other programs like blogspot, facebook, twitter and web designing but only on the basic level.

3. What computer software and hardware knowledge do you have?
I'm not really an expert in handling any computer software,only the basics like Microsoft office.

4. Have you experienced learning via the computer (online, etc)?
  I have never experience any kind of learning via the computer or online..

5. Did you try to incorporate technology in your some of your lessons during your practicum? Was it a success or a failure? If you did not what was/ were the reason(s)?

Yes, I did incorporate technology in  some of my lessons during my practicum in SMK Sri Aman. In fact, it was one of the requirements from my mentor. She insisted me to use technology in teaching as a way to attract students in learning English. Most of my students have a good english proficiency so in order to make sure that they will not be bored, I will always use the technology in teaching. However, using technology has some negative consequences. For example, if the computer does not work, or there is some technical problems,  the lesson could not proceed and so it is time consuming.

6. What is your opinion on the use of computer / technology in language learning?
In my opinion, the use of computer / technology in language learning is extremely important and relevant for today's education.  Through technology, learning a language is much easier. For example, you can search for any information from all around the world in just seconds. Furthermore, learning through technology does not require you to spend a lot of money.

7. What are your expectations from this course?
I have always wanted to master several softwares like editing a webpage, using flash and many more.

1 Comments:

At January 13, 2011 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Izaham Shah Ismail said...

I have always wanted to master several softwares like editing a webpage, using flash and many more...Unfortunately I won't be teaching how to use Flash.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home